1) For babies and toddlers Five Little Pumpkins ($5.39)
Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate. The first one said, "Oh my, it's getting late."Get ready for some wicked fun as these five pumpkins run and roll! My children have loved this sweet rhyming book the past few years and love that it's a board book.
2) For Preschoolers:
Little Critter: Happy Halloween, Little Critter! ($6.29)
My preschooler loves this book! It has lift the flaps in it too and she loves all of the different halloween characters.
3) We love the If You Give A Mouse book series, and haven't read this one yet, but plan on ordering it! My preschooler and toddler will love reading this one.
It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse! (If You Give...) ($6.12 Board Book) The mouse decorates all of the pumpkins in the pumpkin patch with different faces.
4) For all ages:
The Hallo-wiener ($5.71)
This one is close to our hearts because we have a little Dachshund at our home and tells a great Halloween story, kind of like the Ugly Duckling.
5) There is the always popular : Haunted Clubhouse (Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) (6.29$)
6) We love the 'night before' series and especially their The Night before Halloween ($3.59)
'Twas the night before Halloween, and all through the house, All the creatures were stirring, except for the mouse. The monsters had gathered to plan and prepare, For the trick-or-treaters who soon would be there?."
7) Doc McStuffins Boo to You! (7$) This one is a touch and feel book and my 4 and 2 year old love this episode on TV and also enjoy this book too! And it's a great board book to take in the car and not worry about it getting torn up.
8) And one more for the preschool and school aged kids: Room on the Broom (6.29$). We love this book at our house and there is an App on the iPhone too that's super fun and cute.
The witch and her cat are happily flying through the sky on a broomstick when the wind picks up and blows away the witch's hat, then her bow, and then her wand! Luckily, three helpful animals find the missing items, and all they want in return is a ride on the broom. But is there room on the broom for so many friends? And when disaster strikes, will they be able to save the witch from a hungry dragon?
TV Shows and Movies
Halloween season isn't complete until they've seen a few Halloween cartoon specials and movies. Don't forget to DVR some of the ones coming up for free, and the Disney Jr episodes like the Halloween Doc McStuffins.
1)Spookley the Square Pumpkin ($9.98) About a square pumpkin who is different and feels left out, but then saves the day after a storm hits the pumpkin patch!
2) The All-Time Classic! Look for this one on TV and DVR it, if not order it here: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (Remastered Deluxe Edition) ($10.99)
3) This one I haven't seen yet, but looks really cute!
Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest ($9.96)
4) Thomas Halloween. Need I say more if you have a preschooler who loves trains?
Thomas & Friends: Halloween Adventures (free for Amazon prime streaming, or $9.99)
6) And for the older child, like an Alice in Wonderland Halloween adventure (but mostly for kids 10 and up)
So there you have it. My picks for your little ones this Halloween. Have fun getting in the spirit and Happy Halloween!